Oh Christmas Tree

Christmas trees went up earlier this year than any other year I have known. It's like we needed those baubles and twinkly lights as a symbol of hope. In our house we made the kids wait till our new carpets were down but literally a day or two later, we were cracking out the tree and Christmas boxes. 

It was so lovely to see all three of them being able to take an active role in the process this year. Previously they had either been too young or too little to really play much of a part but time they were able to embrace it and do a lot of the leg work themselves! 

Capturing as much of the excitement as possible was key to this process for me. It feels like a relatively small moment in the grand scheme of things but I feel so much joy when I watch the delight on the girls faces. It encompasses so much of what I love about Christmas! 





Comments

Popular Posts