Kids Baking Challenge

My kids love baking. I'm pretty sure they'd do it every day if I let them. I am a big advocate of children learning to bake at an early age (I think I'm secretly excited for the day they can make me freshly baked cookies!) While the littlest was napping I set my oldest two the challenge of baking completely independently (minus a little assistance with the oven...) At ages 5 and 6 they made a surprisingly good team, one taking control of reading out the instructions and fetching supplies, and the other doing the majority of the mixing! Of course there was mess and some slight measuring inaccuracies but they produced perfectly edible cakes and were so proud of the result. I loved capturing their effort on video and hope that it will serve as a reminder in the future of what a great team they make (when they are no doubt fighting over whose turn it is in the bathroom during the teenage years!)



Comments

Popular Posts